Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Friday 4 May 2012

Dean Koontz

I have been reading Dean Koontz books since I was in grade school, I believe my dad handed me my first one (Lightning - I also re-read this for a second time several months ago) in Grade 7 or 8, and since then I've been hooked.  Although most of these books were beyond my readng level and not exactly age appropriate I enjoyed them very much none the less.  I think anyone from the ages 15-100 could read these books; while there are very mature themes contantly being presented in the book there is little swearing, 'provacative' scenes and even the gore isn't OVERLY described.  The stories are supurb, Dean Koontz is a man that knows how to write a good story and he delivers it!  While his books mainly horror/thriller he delivers them in many different ways.  Anywhere from a psychopathic killer to someone who has been mutated and thirsty for blood; aliens to haunting monsters; out of body experience to mind control.  Dean Koontz has a broad spectrum from which he pulls his creativety from. He will send chills down your spine as you fly through the pages of his books!  If you are looking for good scary books, look no further, well... -maybe go look on amazon to buy them - you get what I mean!


Not including novella's/graphic novels/short stories or books about his dog Trixie.  All red books are one's I've read, all fushia books are my favourites, all *monster, *alien, *human, and *other.  Some of the novels don't have stars next to them and this is because it's been so long since I read it, I'm not exactly sure what to lump it under.


77 Shadow Street   - reading soon
Frankenstein: The Dead Town -reading soon
What the Night Knows
Frankenstein: Lost Souls -reading soon
Breathless * this one is really more of a suspense novel than a horror
Frankenstein Book 3: Dead and Alive -reading soon
Relentless
Your Heart Belongs to Me ***
In Odd We Trust
Odd Hours
The Darkest Evening of the Year
The Good Guy   ***
Brother Odd
The Husband  ***
Forever Odd
Frankenstein Book 1: Prodigal Son -re-reading soon ***
Frankenstein Book 2: City of Night -re-reading soon ***
Velocity         ***
Life Expectancy
The Taking ***
Odd Thomas
The Face
By the Light of the Moon ***
One Door Away From Heaven ***
From the Corner of His Eye
Seize the Night     ***
False Memory     ***
Fear Nothing    ***
Sole Survivor
Demon Seed
The Eyes of Darkness ***
Tick Tock ***
Intensity ***
Strange Highways
Icebound
Dark Rivers of the Heart
Winter Moon
Mr. Murder
Dragon Tears
Hideaway    ***
Cold Fire
Shadowfires *** 
The Servants of Twilight ***
The Bad Place ***
Midnight ***
Lightning ***
Watchers ***
Strangers *** 
The Door to December ***
Twilight Eyes - I may have read this one
Darkfall           ***
Phantoms ***
The House of Thunder
The Mask
Whispers   ***
The Funhouse
The Voice of the Night
The Key to Midnight    ***
The Vision
Face of Fear
Night Chills


I have somewhat constructed a "top 10" Dean Koontz book which I will describe in future blogs what set's these books apart for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment